PETRO SERVICES - County Manager JD:
Overall management of the PS Branch in Country of Operation, including but not limited to:
- Developing and leading the implementation of the strategies aligned with Petro Services Group objectives. Strengthen the Company brand image in line with the Company’s quality objectives.
- Optimising operational planning and performance.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, markets and clients, whilst keeping up to date on activities in surrounding countries.
- Establishing and maintaining alliances and strategic relationships with clients and partners and ensuring the continuous improvement of client satisfaction in line with the Company’s quality objectives.
- P&L responsibility for budgeted financial targets ensuring the balancing of profitability and costs in line with the Company’s quality objectives.
- Dynamic leadership to ensure achievement of stated / agreed financial, commercial and operational targets with safety placed at the forefront of all activities ensuring vessels are operating safely and in compliance with IMO regulations.
- Ensuring the Business Unit is compliant with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Managing and developing employees of the business unit in line with Petro Services Group Management and HR Policies & Procedures.
- Reporting to the various division managers the performance of their team members within the country.
- Ensuring all meetings with external partners are to lead to Minutes of Meeting and created in the CRM section of PSP
Duties and responsibilities
- In collaboration with Commercial Management, maintain close contacts with existing clients, research new clients in Country of Operation and surrounding countries.
- Checks regularly in the local press for new tender opportunities. Keeps abreast of any local projects which could be of interest to the company strategically.
- Reply to Clients’ Expressions of interest and register to calls for tenders for all Offshore Support Vessel Services.
- Assist in the preparation of Tenders in collaboration with Commercial Management and ensure timely remittance to Clients.
- Regularly Report to Management in head office and keep digital information platform (PSP) up to date.
- Ensure all technical issues are properly and timely fixed by Superintendents, in liaison with their Manager
Ensure all QHSE matters are properly and timely addressed by QHSE, in liaison with QHSE Management.
- Attend technical and QHSE meetings with Clients.
- Ensure importation and clearance of vessels are timely processed and renewed (TI, IMPA, Customs).
- Report all operational issues and actions taken to fix them to Management in head office, using all appropriate communication tools (emails, PSP digital information platform, etc
Ensure that all procurement processes are respected as per company policy and that our customers interest is always the priority for each procurement process.
- Ensure that the best interest of ship owners is always applied with the target of optimising the ship owners OPEX.
- Implement ideas to mutualise costs of several ship owners under one service to reduce the costs of ship owners
Ensure all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, P&L and Balance Sheet of the Business Unit are properly and timely maintained, in liaison with Finance Management in head office.
- Prepare yearly budgets with Management in head office, and ensure their monthly follow up against actuals.
- Ensure all invoices are properly remitted to Clients and follow up their payments as per contractual terms.
- Ensure there are monthly closings with all vendors with the goal of having all rendered services back charged to ship owners as rapidly as possible.
- Ensure the company has accounts created with the most amount of vendors giving the company a credit line
Make sure the Business Unit is in compliance with all applicable laws, in collaboration with Legal and Tax Management in head office.
- Assist in Contractual clarifications with Clients during tender process and after execution of contracts.
- Keep Management in head office aware of all changes in Administration and Tax laws.
- Ensure that the head office provides on a monthly basis any tax returns as expected as per applicable laws
Manage the personnel and help follow up recruitment and training of employees of the Business Unit in collaboration with local HR where applicable and HR Management in head office.
- Provide each line manager with a report on the performance of each individual in country
Participate actively in the process to digitalise and automate all functions within the Company.
Actively participates in ensuring a healthy and safe workplace for all and no harm is caused to the environment
Responsible for complying with all Company Management System guidelines, policies and procedures
Signatory for local bank
Attends board meetings
Skills and Requirements
Diploma, preferably MBA, in marketing, commercial affairs and/or international business.
At least 5 years’ experience in a sales/marketing/business unit management function, preferably in the oil/shipping sector.
Excellent computer skills – Pack office.
English and Portuguese (for Angola) languages required